Monday, July 26, 2010

First Substrate

Literally, Just Playing Around
     The weekend progressed a bit differently than expected; had my two granddaughters with me for an overnighter. We had a great time and I have one "enhanced" photo to include of my oldest granddaughter jumping rope. Marie (our on-line instructor) gave us a lovely bonus package of a few of her own masks, layers, frames, and brushes. It will be totally awesome to try them. The one I included here is of a notebook page with lines; I also included a layer from Lennie Locken of her own paste paper and a couple of other layers with some edging tones; then, as you can tell, a rounded corner cut out completed the modifications. I did not "compose" on this piece; i.e., adding different elements. 




First Substrate on Handmade Paper
     Sunday afternoon provided a little playtime for "me." I made a substrate from one of my handmade papers and printed with dye ink on an HP printer. The final product turned out nicely. At some point I'll be trying a lot of different substrates and playing with more images on a pigment ink printer.

Cardstock carrier, "interference violet" under painting,
two coats of clear digital grounds.

1 comment:

Livin'inAK said...

Great job! :) I'll follow with my real account when I get my cpu up. I love the one of Dar.